Help make the world a more playful place
We’re looking for creative, passionate people with big imaginations to join our team in Toronto.See open positions
About Pok Pok
Pok Pok is on a mission to raise the next generation of creative thinkers.
We’re the team behind the Apple Design Award-winning kids app, Pok Pok Playroom. We design educational, digital toys that empower kids to think outside the box, dream big and experiment freely. We believe in making digital play as accessible, creative and educational as the toys we grew up playing with on the floors of our playrooms.
Pok Pok is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. We encourage people of all races, religions, genders, abilities and sexual orientations to apply. We want the products we develop to reflect the diversity of the world we live in, and it starts with our own team.
Social Media Content Manager
If you live and breathe TikTok and Instagram, are an expert community builder and amazing content creator who wants to help change the world, we want to meet you!
About the Role
The Content Manager will lead the charge in helping us refine and grow one of the most innovative brands in digital play and education on social media. You will oversee all things social media and content, from developing strategy to creating content and engaging with our community of parents across Instagram and TikTok. You’ll be part of a small but fast-growing marketing team where you’ll wear many hats and have a direct impact on the Pok Pok community from the ground up.
This is a hands-on position that touches strategy, content creation and more. We’re looking for someone who is motivated by our mission, is ready to work hard and is eager to affect positive change. If you’re an out-of-the-box thinker, expert content creator and experienced community-builder, keep reading!
This is a Toronto-based position with the flexibility to work from home and/or remotely as preferred. Candidates must live in Ontario and be able to legally work in Canada.
- Live and breathe Instagram and TikTok, staying highly connected and up-to-date on everything happening on the platforms and in the parenting and toddler communities
- Develop a differentiated cross-platform content and social media strategy focusing on Instagram and TikTok
- Create high-quality, branded content that is highly engaging, on brand and on trend
- Post and experiment daily by identifying quick-turnaround opportunities with high quality execution to throw lots of ideas at the wall to see what sticks
- Deeply connect and understand our audience of Millennial parents of young kids, bringing their perspective to every campaign and piece of content
- Manage and direct content from freelance content creators
- Create and oversee all organic and paid social content from the ground up
- Engage with our community of fans, users and influencers across all social channels daily, creating genuine moments that will extend brand love and maximize engagement
- Remain educated and ahead of the curve on Instagram/TikTok trends and algorithms
- 3+ years of experience building an organic community on TikTok/Instagram for another brand and/or experience building your own 10K+ community as an influencer
- A deep, impressive understanding of TikTok and Instagram’s platforms at all levels
- An unwavering commitment to brand, high quality content and community-building
- A polished, keen eye for design and content creation that sets your work apart
- A true interest in the culture of social media, an understanding of who’s who on Instagram/TikTok, and the curiosity to stay ahead of the curve
- Impeccable communication and copywriting skills
- Natural and compelling on-camera presence and happy to get in front of the camera yourself to experiment with content to execute quickly
- A willingness to go the extra mile, taking on any challenges that arise
- A knack for self-starting, are confident in your abilities and don’t require micromanagement to work effectively
- Superb organization and attention to detail
- Fluency in design software, video editing tools, etc.
- Additional skills that will be very useful on the job:
- Experience building kids, parenting and/or educational brands
- Experience marketing apps or digital products
- An understanding of what it’s like to walk a day in our customer’s shoes
- An existing social media presence that you’ve cultivated on your own
More About Us
We’re a small team of passionate, experienced creators based in Toronto. We love dogs, music, travel, video games, kids, cooking, yoga, building robots, going to museums, talking about things we’re watching right now and playing with old toys. We’re from all walks of life and are convinced that’s our secret sauce. We’re a female-founded company, too!
A few more awesome things about this role:
- You’ll have the unique opportunity to build, grow and make your mark joining a fast-growing start-up early on
- Work remotely or from our beautiful brick-and-beam office in the downtown core within walking distance to the Eaton Centre, St. Lawrence Market and Union Station
- Enjoy flexible working hours and arrangements, including working remotely
- We offer 5 weeks of paid vacation, because life outside of work matters!
- Competitive compensation including employee stock options
- We love field trips and like to go playtest with kids in our community, go on fact-finding trips for toy research, and learn about cool stuff at science centres, museums and toy stores. We have no fun at all.
Our Hiring Process
To apply, please send a portfolio together with your resume and cover letter to our team at email@example.com and tell us how you can help make our social media better. Bonus points to anyone who tells us something interesting about themselves that we can’t find on their resume.
If we’re interested in moving forward, you’ll get a very enthusiastic message from us to invite you to meet our team and chat more.