Help make the world a more playful place
We’re looking for creative, passionate people with big imaginations to join our team in Toronto.See open positions
About our Team
Pok Pok is an award-winning company making creative, play-based learning experiences for kids. We’re a team of toymakers in a digital age who want to help raise and inspire the next generation of creative thinkers.
Pok Pok is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome people of all races, religions, genders, abilities and sexual orientations, and strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds and identities to apply. We are eager to bring unique perspectives to our team!
Brand Marketing & Content Manager
We’re looking for an experienced marketer to help grow our Pok Pok brand and community! This is a creative, fast-paced role suited for someone who loves wearing many hats, is well-versed in developing high-level marketing strategies, and is a savvy content creator.
Note: this position is based in our Toronto office, but our team is still working remotely to ensure everyone’s safety during COVID-19.
The Pok Pok Brand Marketing & Content Manager is enthusiastic about early childhood education, parenting and technology. They will be accountable for implementing our brand marketing strategy across all streams of digital and offline marketing, while developing and managing relationships with influencers, members of the press, and the families within our community. We’re here to help raise the next generation of creative thinkers, and the person in this role will play a huge part in helping achieve our mission.
If you’re a confident self-starter who’s keen to take on new projects without micromanagement, we want to meet you!
- Manage the Pok Pok marketing strategy across all platforms and touch-points
- Own all content creation and community engagement across all relevant platforms including planning, design and copywriting
- Immerse oneself deeply in our community to understand player/parent insights and translate this into actionable marketing strategies that drive growth
- Build and nurture relationships with strategic partners, influencers and brand ambassadors
- Create and oversee social media advertising creative and strategies
- Analyze, interpret and develop actionable marketing strategies based on user data
- Remain well-informed about technology, cultural trends and key developments in the industry
Qualities and Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience at a SaaS, app and/or kid’s product company
- A creative, out-of-the-box thinker who is comfortable innovating and experimenting with new ideas
- Multi-skilled and eager to strategize, lead and get your hands dirty executing initiatives—this is a hands-on role
- Passionate about championing and advocating for children and families while developing high quality experiences
- Able to multi-task effectively and juggle multiple projects at once
- Comfortable with analytic, strategic and creative day-to-day work
- Highly proficient on Instagram, Tik Tok, Facebook and Twitter as a both a marketer and as a user
- An exceptional communicator and copywriter who’s well spoken and doesn’t shy away from public speaking
- Friendly, warm and able to take and give constructive feedback
- Well-networked and comfortable making new connections and building relationships
- Highly organized and adaptable to fast-paced environments
- Excellent design sense and appreciation for how design impacts experience
Nice to have, but not required:
- Well-versed in early childhood education and/or parenting
- A deep understanding of the kid’s app space
- Proficient on current design software
- Experience working in a fast-paced or start-up environment
- Fluent in Chinese or Mandarin
How to Apply
- In addition to your resume, please apply with a cover letter that tells us why you’re perfect for the role and something unique about you that we won’t find on your resume
- Share a portfolio of your work if you have one
- Please send your resume and cover letter to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name in the subject line
Note: A component of our interview process includes a small assignment to complete at home. This is to ensure that candidates are not only well-suited for the position, but also enjoy some of the work that may pop up in the day-to-day of this role. It’s very important to us that everyone at Pok Pok is passionate about the work that lays ahead, and that means seeing it first-hand.