Help make the world a more playful place
We’re looking for creative, passionate people with big imaginations to join our team in Toronto.See open positions
About our Team
Pok Pok is on a mission to raise the next generation of creative thinkers. We design educational, digital toys that empower kids to think outside the box, dream big and experiment freely.
Pok Pok is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. We encourage people of all races, religions, genders, abilities and sexual orientations to apply. We want the products we develop to reflect the diversity of the world we live in, and it starts with our own team.
If you’re an experienced iOS Developer who loves solving problems and wants to help change the world, we want to meet you!
About the Role
The iOS Developer will play an essential role in the development, growth and success of our apps. You will work closely with our team to build custom, innovative solutions to highly valuable problems that will impact our future as one of the most innovative, powerful brands in digital play and education.
We’re looking for someone who is motivated by our mission, is ready to work hard and is eager to affect positive change in our world, one young mind at a time. If you like thinking outside the box, solving unique design and technical problems and iterating your way through challenges, keep reading!
This is a Toronto-based position with the flexibility to work from home and/or remotely as preferred. Candidates must be able to legally work in Canada.
- Build front and back-end solutions to optimize user experience, growth, engagement and retention for our iOS subscription app
- You will develop core features, write tests, and be a key decision-maker to help make improvements and innovations to our app
- Collaborate with product, growth and marketing team to write and iterate on UX/UI tests
- Use a data-driven approach to understand user behaviour and make strategic decisions around next steps
- Build and maintain existing code infrastructure with great attention to detail
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- 4+ years of experience building iOS applications
- Been responsible for shipping regular app updates
- Experience working in Objective-C and UIKit
- In-depth and up-to-date knowledge of Apple’s development technologies, tools and standards across iOS
- Exceptional communication skills in all areas of their work, including strong interpersonal communication, writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to present technical ideas in accessible ways
- A willingness to go the extra mile, taking on any challenges that arise
- Excellent multi-tasking abilities and can thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- A knack for self-starting, are confident in their abilities and don’t require micromanagement to work effectively
- Willing to take direction, be a positive contributor to our team and collaborate conscientiously
- Adapt quickly to changing circumstances, goals and findings in data
- Superb organization and attention to detail
- Ability to set priorities and execute high quality work in a dynamic start-up environment
Additional skills that will be very useful on the job
- Experience working in Unity and C#
- Experience with Apple’s StoreKit, specifically auto-renewing subscriptions
- Experience writing simple web APIs in a standard Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP (LAMP) environment
- A deep understanding of SaaS business metrics and growth drivers
- Experience in product analytics working with user behaviour data
- Knowledge of kids apps and/or experience creating products for kids
More About Us
We’re a small team of passionate, experienced creators based in Toronto. We love dogs, music, travel, video games, kids, cooking, yoga, building robots, going to museums, talking about things we’re watching right now and playing with old toys. We’re from all walks of life and are convinced that’s our secret sauce. We’re a female-founded company, too!
A few more awesome things about this role:
- You’ll have the unique opportunity to build, grow and make your mark joining a fast-growing start-up early on
- Work from our beautiful brick-and-beam office in the downtown core within walking distance to the Eaton Centre, St. Lawrence Market and Union Station
- Enjoy flexible working hours and arrangements, including working from home
- We offer 5 weeks of paid vacation, because life outside of work matters!
- Competitive compensation including employee stock options
- We love field trips and like to go playtest with kids in our community, go on fact-finding trips for toy research, and learn about cool stuff at science centres, museums and toy stores. We have no fun at all.
Our hiring process
Tell us why you think this role is a good fit for you.
Send your resume and cover letter to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org and share something interesting about yourself that we can’t find on your resume.
If we’re interested in moving forward, you’ll get a very enthusiastic message from us to invite you to meet our team and chat more.